Safer Moving & Handling People – Requalification
This course will provide a refresher opportunity for those already familiar with the principles of safer people handling, the process of conducting people handling risk assessments and safe handling techniques.
On completion of this course delegates should be able to identify risks to be considered when carrying out a people handling assessment and demonstrate correct handling techniques.
- Manual Handling Operation Regulation
- Legal Duty – Employer/Employee Responsibilities
- Anatomy & Physiology – Biomechanics
- Manual handling risk assessments application
- Identifying suitable & sufficient control measures
- Expected Profiles of Injuries/Role
- Benefits of Preventing Manual Handling Injuries
- Principles of Safe Manual Handling
- Practical Handling Techniques
- Care and Provision of equipment
- Group activities to explore own manual handling risks
Full attendance and identification is required. The day includes assessment of theory and practical skills against NBE standards.
On successful completion delegates will be awarded a ‘Moving & Handling People Foundation Certificate’ certificate valid for one years, depending on the risk assessed by the employer.
This should be renewed on a short manual handling requalification course before the expiry date.
On successful completion delegates will be awarded a ‘Moving & Handling People Foundation Certificate’, valid for one year.
This should be renewed on a requalification course before the expiry date.