Manual Handling Awareness
This is a fascinating short course which provides an understanding of how your body is designed to operate within the principles of manual handling, and how we often work outside the design and inviting injury.
On completion of this course delegates should be able to identify risks to be considered when carrying out a manual handling assessment and demonstrate safer handling techniques. This course will focus on handling objects rather than people.
- Manual Handling Operation Regulation
- Legal Duty – Employer/Employee Responsibilities
- Anatomy & Physiology – Biomechanics
- Manual handling risk assessments role
- Expected Profiles of Injuries/Role
- Benefits of Preventing Manual Handling Injuries
- Principles of Safe Manual Handling
- Practical Handling Techniques
Full attendance and identification is required. The day includes assessment of theory and practical skills against NBE standards.
On successful completion delegates will be awarded a ‘Manual Handling Awareness’ certificate valid for a maximum of three years, depending on the risk assessed by the employer.
This should be renewed on a manual handling requalification course before the expiry date.