Level 1 Award in Food Safety Awareness in Catering, Manufacturing or Retail
These qualifications have been developed to raise awareness of key food safety issues and to provide employees with an induction to food hygiene, prior to undertaking the Level 2 Award in Food Safety.
Why is this training important?
Food business operators must ensure that employees are supervised, instructed and trained in food hygiene matters in order to guarantee safe food to consumers.
Who needs this qualification?
The Level 1 Awards in Food Safety provide an ideal solution to staff induction training including:
- new employees with minimal or no prior food safety knowledge
- employees handling low-risk or wrapped foods (category A)
- front of house employees, such as waiting or check out staff
- back of house employees, such as kitchen porters or warehouse staff
The Level 1 awards are also suitable for employees for whom English is a second language or those with special needs.
- Understand the basic requirements of food safety and hygiene
- how to keep clean and hygienic
- how to keep work areas clean
- the role an individual plays in reducing contamination
- Identify key food safety issues
Identify key food safety issues