Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults
This course teaches staff the essentials of dealing with vulnerable adults and those open to abuse.
- Who is vulnerable? Who abuses? Where can abuse happen?
- Relevant legislation and guidance
- Factors which may increase vulnerability
- Types of abuse and possible indicators
- Rights of vulnerable adults
- Responding to abuse
- Dealing with disclosures
- Reporting – duty to report
- Reporting – making a written record
- Scenarios – discussion
There will be continuous assessment of theory and understanding by the trainer and a proof of learning written assessment at the end of the course.
Delegates will receive a ‘Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults’ certificate on completion, valid for a maximum of three years.