Manual Handling Instructor & Assessor
This course will provide an understanding of the process of instructing others in sound manual handling techniques and the process of conducting manual handling risk assessments.
On completion of this course delegates should be able to prepare and deliver a manual handling awareness training package in-house and know how to carry out and record suitable and sufficient manual handling risk assessments.
- Manual Handling & Legal Requirements
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Related Injuries
- Benefits of Preventing Manual Handling Injuries
- Principles of Good Handling
- Practical Handling Techniques
- Instructional Skills
- Risk Assessment for Manual Handling Operations
- Manual Handling Task Assessing Tools
Full attendance and identification is required. The final day includes a full assessment of theory and practical skills against NBE standards.
On successful completion delegates will be awarded a ‘Manual Handling Instructor and Risk Assessor’ certificate, valid for three years.
This should be renewed on a two day requalification course before the expiry date.