Fire Warden Safety Course
This course teaches Fire Wardens the essentials skills to prevent workplace fires and to deal with fire emergencies at work.
This course is designed for employees who have taken on the role of Fire Warden or Fire Marshal. The training meets the requirements under the fire safety legislation (NI) 2010. All businesses should have designated staff, trained as fire wardens or marshals, who assist the appropriate person in the business in providing fire safety assistance in the event of an emergency.
- Overview of fire precautions legislation
- Regular checking/maintenance of fire precaution measures in your workplace
- Fire prevention and means of escape inspections
- Record keeping
- Fire evacuation responsibilities and procedures including assembly points
- Inspection of fire doors and other fire safety features
- Minimising fire spread and damage should a fire occur
- Dynamic Risk Assessment
- Selection and use of fire-fighting equipment
- How to carry out an effective fire drill
- Fire Investigation requirements
There will be continuous assessment of learning and multiple choice assessment.
Delegates will receive a ‘Fire Warden Course’ certificate on completion, valid for one year.