Introduction to Health & Safety
This very interactive course will provide an understanding of what causes accidents at work, the principles of risk assessment and the process of conducting risk assessments. It introduces employees to workplace health and safety regulations, demonstrates the need for shared responsibility and explains how risk assessment underpins many specific aspects of work.
On completion of this course delegates should be able to identify what causes most work related illness and injuries, and understand the role of risk assessment at work.
The duration of the course can be extended and tailored to include the key concerns of the client.
- Introduction to Health and Safety at Work Principles
- Reasons for Health & Safety
- Health & Safety Legislation
- Roles and responsibilities
- Hazard Identification
- Case Study assessments from CoSHH, Manual Handling, DSE, Fire & First Aid
- Risk Assessment
On successful completion delegates will be awarded an ‘Introduction to Health & Safety’ certificate.