Fire Warden Safety Course
Having a designated fire warden at work is an important part of fire safety. The fire warden works together with the employer to ensure that fire safety measures and evacuation procedures are in place and effective.
This course will provide you with the necessary training required to be a qualified fire warden. It will educate you about what you and your employer’s legal duties are, will provide you with an understanding of fire, familiarise you with fire hazards and fire safety arrangements, and detail what your emergency evacuation procedures should entail. With the information contained within this course, you will be fully prepared to fulfill your role – to take responsibility for fire safety in the workplace and guarantee your and everyone’s wellbeing.
- Overview of fire precautions legislation
- Regular checking of fire precaution measures in your workplace
- Fire prevention and recognition of fire hazards
- Fire evacuation responsibilities and procedures
- Appreciation of fire doors and other fire safety features
- Minimising fire spread and damage should a fire occu
- Selection and use of fire fighting equipment
- How to carry out an effective fire drill
There will be continuous assessment of learning by the trainer.
Delegates will receive a ‘Fire Safety Course’ certificate on completion, valid for one year.